Home

14 and 17 year old dating Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year? Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year? - Page 2 - WORLD

This is a discussion on Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year? within the Other Criminal Law Matters forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; Originally Posted by Unregistered hey im a 15 year old girl and i turn 16 and my boyfriend is 17 ...

Discussion about online dating sites in usa for free
Doyle bramhall ii dating sheryl crow  Eric szmanda dita von teese dating

 

Proyektong nairatupad ni dating pangulong carlos p garcia Rachele brook smith and tyler hoechlin dating Senior dating west palm beach fl Sweet dee dating a retarded person megavideo
The rules to online dating book Jul 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #Top 1rated dating site australia
Moderator
Country:  
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The North Pole, silly ;)
Posts: 6,359

Default Re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered What does god say about dating and relationships
hey im a 15 year old girl and i turn 16 and my boyfriend is 17 turning 18 and i gonna stay with him
As has been stated before, the state or Who is stevie nicks dating 2016 in which you live is important. The age of consent (the age at which it is legal to consent to sexual activity) differs between states.

If your boyfriend is turning 18, in many states/jurisdictions, it makes it ILLEGAL for him to have any kind of sexual contact with you.
__________________



"If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
"You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."
sandyclaus is offline   Will consolidating my student loans lower my interest rate

Did you find this post helpful? |
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles.
Jul 17th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default

Im a 17 year old guy and my girlfriend is 14 years old, we have been together for nearly 1 year 8 months and no one has really said anything about it being illegal. Both of our parents know and that's All fine but she's worried about the age when I turn 18 because she turns 15 the day after, I've tried explaining that it isn't illegal but she's still worried:/ basically all I want to say is that age doesn't matter as long as NO sexual activitys take place, if it's an innocent relationship where you're madly in love with each other then there's nothing stopping you's being together. Stop worrying about the age or other things like that and just enjoy your relationship while your in one, you never know when that could end.
Age DOESN'T matter and it ISN'T illegal
 

Did you find this post helpful? |
Jul 17th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #
Moderator
Country:  
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The North Pole, silly ;)
Posts: 6,359

Default Re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Im a 17 year old guy and my girlfriend is 14 years old, we have been together for nearly 1 year 8 months and no one has really said anything about it being illegal. Both of our parents know and that's All fine but she's worried about the age when I turn 18 because she turns 15 the day after, I've tried explaining that it isn't illegal but she's still worried:/ basically all I want to say is that age doesn't matter as long as NO sexual activitys take place, if it's an innocent relationship where you're madly in love with each other then there's nothing stopping you's being together. Stop worrying about the age or other things like that and just enjoy your relationship while your in one, you never know when that could end.
Age DOESN'T matter and it ISN'T illegal
.."says the child molester to his victim..."

But seriously. Age DOES matter, especially in jurisdictions where such a difference in age violates sexual consent laws. When one partner is a legal adult, and the other is a child who has not yet reached the legal age of consent, it most certainly IS illegal.

You are kidding yourself if you think that you can stay madly in love and not have a strong desire to move past the friendship state into some form of sexual contact. While it's NOT impossible or unheard of, it is extremely rare. As they say, "Sex without love is easy, but love without sex is difficult".
__________________



"If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
"You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."
sandyclaus is offline  

Did you find this post helpful? |
Jul 18th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyclaus
.."says the child molester to his victim..."

But seriously. Age DOES matter, especially in jurisdictions where such a difference in age violates sexual consent laws. When one partner is a legal adult, and the other is a child who has not yet reached the legal age of consent, it most certainly IS illegal.

You are kidding yourself if you think that you can stay madly in love and not have a strong desire to move past the friendship state into some form of sexual contact. While it's NOT impossible or unheard of, it is extremely rare. As they say, "Sex without love is easy, but love without sex is difficult".
No, it depends on where you live, and because I live in the UK the police aren't really that bothered about things like that, they won't stop me in the middle of the street and arrest me for hugging my girlfriend or kissing her, or just simple walking Down the street holding hands. If there were some sort of sexual things going on and they were reported then yeah, Im gonna get arrested. But there has been NO sexual contact in any way in my relationship, we've both talked about it, and decided that we will NOT have any sexual contact until it becomes legal. At the moment we're both too busy with school/college work and looking at uni's to go to after college to even bother with sexual things or moving our relationship forward.
 

Did you find this post helpful? |
Jul 25th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default

I'm 14 my boyfriend is 17 and were exactly two years and 9 months apart and it is possible to continue are relationship with no sex we have already decide, and talked about it. He can't afford with his plans for going into the army and my plans for getting good scholarships. Also, I disagree with the people saying you can't do that because we are. Also, nothing will ever happen anyways unrolled I'm of age its not that hard unless your a major slits and sex addict. Just because were younger doesn't mean its any differnt then a 18 with a 21 year old dating people used to date and get married at like 15-17 seriously. Also, were engaged so get over it-.-
 

Did you find this post helpful? |
Aug 10th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default

hello, im an 18 yr old who is dating a 15 yr old. We are waiting for her parents consent before we pursue our relationship any further. she is 3 years younger than my self and i was wondering what the florida statutes are on this situation. I am leaving for marine corps recruit trainin in two months and would like to know the laws so i dont screw up my military future.
 

Did you find this post helpful? |
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #
Moderator
Country:  
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The North Pole, silly ;)
Posts: 6,359

Default Re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
hello, im an 18 yr old who is dating a 15 yr old. We are waiting for her parents consent before we pursue our relationship any further. she is 3 years younger than my self and i was wondering what the florida statutes are on this situation. I am leaving for marine corps recruit trainin in two months and would like to know the laws so i dont screw up my military future.
The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits a person 23 years of age or younger to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17. That makes her OFF LIMITS to you. If you have already engaged in sexual activity with her, you have committed .

Keep in mind also that her parents do not have the legal authority to consent to you engaging in illegal sexual activity with their minor child. Doing that could subject THEM to legal repercussions as well.

If you intend to become a Marine, then you need to be honorable and NOT pursue a relationship with this 15-year-old child.
__________________



"If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
"A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
"You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."
sandyclaus is offline  

Did you find this post helpful? |
Aug 11th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyclaus
The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits a person 23 years of age or younger to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17. That makes her OFF LIMITS to you. If you have already engaged in sexual activity with her, you have committed statutory rape.

Keep in mind also that her parents do not have the legal authority to consent to you engaging in illegal sexual activity with their minor child. Doing that could subject THEM to legal repercussions as well.

If you intend to become a Marine, then you need to be honorable and NOT pursue a relationship with this 15-year-old child.
Thank you. Do you know if there are age limit laws in the state of Florida though. We have not had sexual relations and i do NOT wish to wander in that territory and jeopardize my carrer in the corps. I did not mean a sexual pursuit when i said pursue but rather just a continuation of the courting situation. Sorry for the baother and thanks for the assistance.
 

Did you find this post helpful? |
Aug 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #
Top Level Member
Country:  
sunlover's Flag is: United States
 

sunlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,137

Default Re: Is it illegal for an 18 year old to "date" a 15 year?

FL has some of the toughest laws when it comes to adults having any kind of sexual contact with a minor. the age of consent in FL is 18 by the way. by sexual contact I dont mean just intercourse groping, fondling, sexting, exchange of nude pics, sexual chat etc etc all fall under illegal activities. Basically if you wouldnt do it with your own grandmother its probably illegal.
sunlover is offline  

Did you find this post helpful? |
Aug 11th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #
Unregistered
Guest
 

Unregistered's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a

Default

All right then thanks for the assistance and God bless. Semper Fi.
 

Did you find this post helpful? |

Bookmark & Share

None

This thread has 175 replies and has been viewed 281730 times

« | »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version
Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

is On
are On
code is On
HTML code is Off
are Off
are Off
are Off

Your Messages
to Google Toolbar
Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
brittneynicole Other Criminal Law Matters 4 Nov 3rd, 2014 12:00 PM
buckets Credit Cards, Banking, Securities 6 Apr 18th, 2014 07:09 PM
00tennis Deportation & Removal Issues 1 Feb 1st, 2012 09:53 AM
Mr. QuestionMan Law News 0 Sep 6th, 2011 05:42 PM
Unregistered Other Family Law Matters 1 Dec 21st, 2007 10:13 AM


Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.