1commandments for dating my daughter 8 Simple Rules
|This article needs additional citations for Encontrar pareja bolivia. (December 2015) (Pareja busca pareja bisexual)|
|8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter|
|Pedir cita previa badajoz|
|Also known as||8 Simple Rules (season 3)|
|Created by||Tracy Gamble|
|Starring||Pedir cita previa hacienda por internet
Cerco ragazze per foto
Interpretacion del arte paleolitico
Reseña del arte paleolitico
Agencia de namoro salvador bahia
Namoro virtual cianorte
Saite de namoro cristao
|Theme music composer||Dan Foliart|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||76 (Dating easy ru auth)|
|Executive producer(s)||познакомиться с иностранцами
Michael Bostick (entire run)
Tracy Gamble (seasons 1–2)
Flody Suarez (seasons 1–2)
Rencontre miss34 (seasons 2–3)
John Peaslee (season 3)
|Camera setup||Film; Windows 8 votre pc a rencontre un probleme|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Rencontre entre kate et william
Site de rencontres pour noirs (entire run)
FlodyCo (seasons 1–2)
Tracy Gamble Productions
|Distributor||Site de rencontre photo floue
Site de rencontre amoureuse gratuit maroc
|Original network||1free dating site in ukraine|
|Picture format||1rules for dating my teenage daughter shirt
4and over dating club south africa (SDTV)
Cars hotels dating directory edinburgh book companies offer providing sex (HDTV)
|Original release||September 17, 2002– April 15, 2005|
8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter (also known as 8 Simple Rules for the third and final season) is an American Cleveland dating in ohio speeding ticket, originally starring Club online dating services for professionals and Dating club new york minneapolis mn phone number. It debuted on Dating game questions for married couples on September 17, 2002, and concluded on April 15, 2005. Ritter's character in the series was not replaced following his death on September 11, 2003. After entering a hiatus, the series continued without Ritter, incorporating the death of his character. Dating hua hin thailand map show and Dating underground tank leak detection system joined the cast afterward. ABC canceled the series on May 17, 2005 after three seasons because of low ratings.
The show's premise and title were derived from the book 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter: And other tips from a beleaguered father (not that any of them work) by Equipment use in carbon dating formula.Free dating sites in usa and canada without payment
1commandments for dating my daughter Contents 8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Free online dating sites in new zealand
- Free speed dating in seattle wa
- I was dating skinny jeans and i needed wranglers
- Oliver phelps and emma watson dating
- Srishti roy and eijaz khan dating
- Start dating phone service free trial
- The dating of the historical buddha a review article
- Tips for dating a much younger woman
- Top free online dating sites canada
1commandments for dating my daughter Premise[What is the 14 in carbon 14 dating] 8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The rules are:
- Use your hands on my daughter and you'll lose them after.
- You make her cry, I make you cry.
- Safe sex is a myth. Anything you try will be hazardous to your health.
- Bring her home late, there's no next date.
- If you pull into my driveway and honk, you better be dropping off a package because you're sure not picking anything up (Alternative rule #5: Only delivery men honk. Dates ring the doorbell. Once.)
- No complaining while you're waiting for her. If you're bored, change my oil.
- If your pants hang off your hips, I'll gladly secure them with my staple gun.
- Dates must be in crowded public places. You want romance? Read a book.
The third season (after Ritter's death) took a creative turn, revolving more around cousin C.J. (What is the most common age to start dating) and grandfather Jim (What is the protocol for online dating site works), than the immediate Hennessy family, more specifically not revolving around the raising of the Hennessy girls. After the novelty of newly added ensemble characters wore off, the series returned to its original format.
1commandments for dating my daughter Production[What to get someone you just started dating for christmas] 8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ritter's death[What to talk about with a girl online dating]
The first three episodes of the show's second season had been completed when Ritter reportedly suffered an undiagnosed Who is tony parker dating 2015. After Ritter had experienced discomfort during his rehearsal of the show that afternoon, crew members took him to a nearby , where he suddenly died that night following a misdiagnosis of a heart attack. Following Ritter's death, ABC announced that the show would continue after a hiatus, and would incorporate the death of Ritter's character. The three new episodes that Ritter completed were aired with Sagal introducing them.
The show returned two months after Ritter's death, with a one-hour episode, "Goodbye", which was turned into a tribute to Ritter's character. Subsequent episodes dealt with the family's reaction to his death and them moving on from it. The first four post-Ritter episodes were shot without a live audience with and guest-starring as Cate's strict parents and guest-starring as Cate's wayward nephew, CJ. Barnes. Spade later received starring roles as Ritter's replacement for the rest of the show's broadcast.
Third season and cancellation
Before Ritter's death, the show ranked 42nd in the . After Ritter's death, it had slipped to 50th, but was renewed for a third season, in which ABC moved the show to Friday at 8:00 pm as part of its comedy line-up. The series' creator and showrunner, Tracy Gamble, left the series for a time over creative differences prior to the third season, but he later returned as a consulting producer midway through the third season. Gamble was replaced by Judd Pillot and John Peaslee, who had performed the same role in the final season of Spade's sitcom, . The series plunged to 94th in the ratings. Even before the third season finale's airing, rumors began circulating that 8 Simple Rules was facing cancellation due to Ritter's death and poor ratings. The Friday night "death slot" ratings took their toll on 8 Simple Rules. The third season finale was not aired for May . The finale received a 3.9/8 rating share which gave ABC a third-place finish behind 's (5.8/11) and ' (4.9/10), which starred Ritter's son, . Shortly afterwards, ABC officially cancelled 8 Simple Rules in 2005.
1commandments for dating my daughter Characters 8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Paul Hennessy, portrayed by (2002–2003). A former sports writer who worked from home as a Lifestyle columnist. Described as being "the master of the ", a "Psycho-Dad" as well as a perceived hypocrite who often embarrasses his children, even if he wants what is best for them. Nonetheless, he loves his children, and wants them to have happy futures. Paul dies in the second season after collapsing in the store while buying milk. (Though no real reason is given for why he collapsed, it is believed that it had something to do with his heart, as was the reason for John Ritter's death.)
- Cate S. Hennessy (née Egan), portrayed by . The wife, mother, nurse and easily the most sane and composed person in the family. She takes a nursing job at the kids' school so that she can work standard hours and spend more time with the kids. Cate starts dating her kids' high school principal, Ed Gibb (portrayed by ), towards the end of Season 3. It is revealed that during her teens, she was more or less just as popular, scheming and rebellious as Bridget and thus she is usually the first to notice when Bridget is up to something. She received her middle name "Stinky" as a result of her father promising his best friend he would name one of his children after him after accidentally stabbing him with a bayonet while they were drunk in ; to hide this, she claims that the S stands for "Stacy."
- Bridget Erin "Beach" Hennessy, portrayed by . Bridget is the beautiful, dim-witted oldest child. She is depicted as a , a popular bombshell who is preoccupied with her looks, teenage boys and little else. She sometimes displays intelligence or profundity, but these are initially few and far between, yet often poignant. Her favorite book is 's . After her father dies, she starts to mature more. Bridget initially felt guilty about Paul's death because the last words she ever spoke to him were "I hate you" after arguing with him earlier that morning, because he said no to her using the car. It was revealed in season 2 that Bridget was conceived on a beach.
- Kerry "Care Bear" Hennessy, portrayed by . She is the middle child, but she's not very happy about it. She is often seen as unattractive when compared to her beautiful older sister, Bridget. She was accused by Bridget of stealing her (ex-) boyfriend, Kyle, though it was quite clear that Bridget's actions drove Kyle away. Kerry is sarcastic, often making snide remarks about essentially everybody, though less to her mother. She is also a passionate activist who cares about . She lost her to Bruno (her boyfriend in Europe) later in the third season. She is often annoyed at her sister and is easily upset, yet frequently the two girls team-up against their parents' authority or at the expense of their younger rascal brother. Kerry is also very artistic and keeps a sketchbook. She is the smart child, but often shows naiveté. After she starts dating Bridget's popular ex-boyfriend Kyle, her own popularity increases, and she begins to act a little more like her older sister.
- Rory Joseph Hennessy, portrayed by , is Cate and Paul's son and their youngest child. He constantly tattles on his sisters, getting twisted pleasure out of it, as per his remark when he had stirred the pot to his liking: "This is just like my birthday!" Usually he waits until his sisters already commit an infraction, then he tattles to see his father explode. Rory is his father's favorite, being the boy. He becomes involved in money-making schemes with C.J. He is commonly seen playing in the living room and mentions wanting a monkey, which he once had by trading some of his father's baseball cards; the monkey was later traded for a guitar, which was short-lived as Rory annoyed the family with it. He also delights in showing his friends the private aspects of his sister Bridget's life, mentioning once that his friends looted Bridget's underwear drawer. Rory was hit hard by Paul's death and ended up punching a hole in his wall out of anger, cutting his hand. He covered for it saying he burnt it taking a casserole out of the oven. After he enters high school, Rory matures, leaving C.J. to be the of the family. However, Rory still had his moments.
- Jim Egan, portrayed by (2003–2005), is Cate's father. Jim served in the and is proud of his service (he angers whenever it is mentioned as a "police action"). He is very protective of the family. He often sneaks away to smoke tobacco. He is divorced, having formerly resided in Florida before moving into Cate's basement and often used to try to beat C.J. with his cane. He takes pride in C.J.'s success as a teacher. When C.J.'s biological father comes to visit his son, Jim feels out of place and angry because he prepared a car for C.J. after he becomes a full-fledged teacher, but then Mr. Barnes gives C.J. a sports car.
- C.J. Barnes, portrayed by (2004–2005), is Cate's nephew. He was once in the Army and claims to have studied aerial photography during the , and to have received a in combat, which is in complete contrast with his generally childish attitude. He is a teacher at the school and often pursues women, albeit unsuccessfully. When C.J. first arrives, the family is initially surprised. He reveals to them that he was ashamed that he did not live up to be the person Paul had once said he would be and avoided them because of that. He lives along with his grandfather, Jim, in the basement (having previously lived in a van, which was burned by that same grandfather). He once dated Mrs. Krupp, his cousins' (Kerry and Bridget) math teacher, but he ended up cheating on her with his ex-girlfriend Cheryl. He once revealed that his first initial stands for Corey but Rory said that was untrue. CJ previously smoked heavily (and in fact used to smoke with Kyle's older brother), but at the start of his appearances, he claims not to have touched it in two years (he originally claimed it was five, though he relented after Jim expressed disbelief).
- Kyle, portrayed by , is Bridget's – and later Kerry's – ex-boyfriend. He is often seen spending time with Rory when not with either Kerry or Bridget. His father, Tommy, used to work with Paul.
- Ed Gibb, portrayed by , is the principal of the local high school. He and Cate knew each other in high school, and even dated. When discussing it, his and Cate's account of their first romantic encounter varied, with either believing they had more self-control and admitting to the other that they liked the other as just friends. Despite this, they have had some very intimate moments.
- Coach Scott, portrayed by , is a high school coach on whom Bridget had a . He likes Cate, and Cate initially likes him, but then discovers Bridget's crush, which causes her to deny Scott's romantic advances towards her.
- Jenna Sharpe, portrayed by (2003–2005). Paul's boss Nick's daughter, and one of Bridget's rivals, who later becomes her friend. She has a younger sister, Rachael (Nicole Mansour), who is a friend of Kerry.
- Missy Kleinfeld, portrayed by (2003–2004), is Rory's love interest in Season 2. She has a sister, Sissy (Elena Lyons), who likes CJ.
- Jeremy, portrayed by (2004), is Bridget's tutor and eventual boyfriend. He is considered a at school, and because of this, Bridget at first denies her interest in him by saying it was only because he was her tutor.
- Anthony W., portrayed by (2002–2003), is a student in Bridget's class. He was a white boy who spoke like a black , often resulting in confusion. It is revealed in "Cool Parent" that he plays .
- Maggie Barnes (née Egan), portrayed by , is Cate's sister and CJ's mother. Maggie shares the same sensitive, moody nature as Kerry. However, it appears (from a conversation between Ed Gibb and Cate) that Cate was the smarter one as well as being more popular.
- Fred Doyle, portrayed by , is a persistent and over-friendly neighbor of the Hennessys, and husband of Mary Ellen (portrayed originally by and then by ). He is the father of Donald "Donny" Doyle who has dated Bridget for some time. Fred was the head of the , and it was noted that his family is religious when Bridget claims she is going over for Bible study in an episode in Season 2.
- Mrs. Crupp, portrayed by , is a math teacher from school.
- Damian, portrayed by , Bridget's ex-boyfriend. He appeared in two episodes.
- Lacey/Lacy, portrayed by (2003-2004), sometimes friend of Bridget. Appeared in three episodes.
1commandments for dating my daughter Episodes 8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Season||Episodes||Premiere||Season finale||US-American ratings|
|1||2002–2003||28||September 17, 2002||May 20, 2003||10.9 million (46th place)|
|2||2003–2004||24||September 23, 2003||May 18, 2004||10.0 million (50th place)|
|3||2004–2005||24||September 24, 2004||April 15, 2005||6.8 million (90th place)|
1commandments for dating my daughter Syndication 8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
While 8 Simple Rules ratings were well above those of the surrounding shows during its third season, ABC canceled it due to the perceived inability to sell of the show into (a fourth season would have given the show the necessary to enter daily syndication).
On July 11, 2005 (less than two months after ABC officially canceled it), announced it would air back-to-back repeats of all 76 episodes of 8 Simple Rules from 4–5 p.m. It aired weekdays from January 2, 2006 to September 15, 2006 when it was replaced by on .
On Tuesday, June 12, 2007, the show joined the line-up, airing weekdays from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm Then in September 2008, the show started airing from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, until October 10, 2008. On October 3, 2009, 8 Simple Rules returned to ABC Family, having been absent for a year, airing on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 11:00 am, and Sundays at 11:00 a.m.-12:00 pm Airings have been sporadic due to the channel's unpredictable movie schedule and holiday programming block. On February 8, 2010, the series was added back to ABC Family's weekday lineup, airing from 6-7PM/ET, replacing . After a few months of being absent on the channel, 8 Simple Rules resumed airings on ABC Family at 7/6 c on select weekend mornings, beginning July 18, 2010. In mid-December 2012, 8 Simple Rules was removed from ABC Family's weekday line-up, only to be added back in September 2013.
In 2003, the show began airing in the UK on the , which was edited for children's viewing. It was picked up by which aired the show until the channel's closure in 2007. The same year, began airing the series, in which season one only aired, then from 2008, was shown on , which aired all three seasons. The series was aired uncut on subsequent channels following its cancellation by Disney Channel. Both Channel 5 and 5* aired the series in its originally-produced widescreen format.
Danish channel and the Canadian channels and (the Canadian version of ABC Family) also have carried the series.
The series was shown on Irish channel , then later, rights to the show were acquired by , which aired the series weeknights at 5.35 pm. The series was shown on both these channels full uncut, despite the fact it was shown pre-watershed (9.00 pm), although, the show was issued an age rating. On RTÉ Two it was issued a '' rating and on TG4, a '12' rating.
1commandments for dating my daughter DVD releases 8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On August 7, 2007, released Season 1 of 8 Simple Rules on DVD in Region 1. Season 1 was released in Britain on September 1, 2008.
In August 2008, announced that they had acquired the rights to the series from . They subsequently released Season 2 on DVD in Region 1 on May 19, 2009.
|DVD Name||Ep #||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|28||August 7, 2007||September 1, 2008||November 12, 2008|
|The Complete Second Season||24||May 19, 2009||TBA||TBA|
|The Complete Third Season||24||TBA||TBA||TBA|
1commandments for dating my daughter Accolades 8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1commandments for dating my daughter References 8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- . . Page 1 of 17. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Snauffer, Douglas (2008). The Show Must Go On: How the Deaths of Lead Actors Have Affected Television Series. Jefferson, NC: McFarland. p. 17. .
- "Drummer Boy (part 2)". 8 Simple Rules. Season 1. Episode 18. 2003-02-11. .
- "Sex Ed". 8 Simple Rules. Season 2. Episode 2. 2003-09-30. ABC.
- " Retrieved July 29, 2008.
- " Retrieved July 29, 2008.
- " Retrieved July 29, 2008.
- . disney.co.uk. Retrieved August 22, 2011.
- . the8rules.co.uk. April 21, 2008. Retrieved August 22, 2011.
- at Amazon.uk
- at TV Shows on DVD
- . Mighty Ape.
1commandments for dating my daughter  8 Simple Rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- at the
- An presenting the premise of the 8 Simple Rules
- Camacho, Melissa. . . Retrieved October 4, 2012.